PGDM Financial Management
The Post-Graduate Diploma in Management Financial Management program aims to create a cadre of professionals having specialization in the area of Finance. It equips the students to develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ethical mindset. It allows them to develop ability to think critically and operate successfully in a dynamic business environment. The program enables the participants to understand business challenges holistically and recognize the interplay of finance with other disciplines. The finance department is the backbone of any business If you have interest in investments, portfolio management, borrowing, securities analysis, fundraising, collections, disbursements and handling financial activities of a business, a PGDM in finance should be your pick. This professional course will educate you, develop the much-needed skills and train you well to be a professional in the field of finance. Accordingly, the understanding of fiscal and financial functioning would be of great significance in meeting the challenges of corporate financial management.
CURRICULUM (LIST OF COURSES)
- Financial Reporting & Control
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Management Accounting ad Control
- Financial Derivatives
- Security Analysis
- Commercial Banking
- Financial Services
- Wealth Management
- Strategic Management Accounting
- International Finance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Fixed Income Securities and their Derivatives
- Risk Management in Banks
- Project Finance
- Investment Banking
- Risk Analytics
- Special Project / Organization-Based Project in Finance and Accounting
- The PGDM course in finance has been designed especially for finance students through collaboration with experienced professionals.
- Students gain knowledge about management, accounting, economics and many other subjects related to finance in this program.
- The course features insights into the latest market trends, developing strategies and best financial practices used by the industry at large.
- Students get to practice said skills through internships, which in turn makes it easier to get good placement offers from companies.
- The course gives students the confidence to apply the principles and techniques of PGDM finance in real life.
- PGDM program in Financial Management helps students become a confident management professional as well.
The programme aims to:
- Impart conceptual knowledge on the basics in finance, accounting, economics, regulatory environment and human behavior.
- Develop an appreciation of the interface between financial analysis and other areas such as economics, management, investments, financial markets, international finance, financial services and corporate strategy to facilitate decision making.
- Equip the students with cutting edge technological skills in IT and other key functional areas.
The courses are delivered using a mix of various pedagogical methods such as case discussions, lectures, simulation, business games, seminars and practitioner’s sessions.
PROF. (DR.) VENKATA CHAKRAPANI C
PROFESSOR & AREA CHAIRPERSON
PROF. (DR.) NIKHIL RASTOGI
Prof. (Dr.) SRIHARSHA REDDY
Professor, Dean ( Academics) & Director (Designate)
PROF. (DR.) A. Sarath Babu
Once you are done with PGDM in finance along with the internship, you will have all the experience and qualification required for getting a job in any of the major companies operating in India right now. In terms of positions, here are some of the roles that you can apply for after PGDM in finance.
- Financial Analyst
- Research Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Portfolio Manager
- Financial Planner/Adviser
- Banking and Insurance
- Corporate Finance
Sector wise Roles
- BFSI – Financial Associate, Associate Manager - Wealth Advisory, AVP - Financial Planning Division, Analyst - Transaction Advisory, Relationship Manager - Wealth Management, Credit Analyst, Credit Manager
- Real Estate - Associate-Consulting Valuation
- Consulting - Tax Consultant, Advisory
- Pharma & Healthcare - MT- International Portfolio Management
- Investment Banking- Equity Research Analyst, Asset Valuation Associate