Prof. Vinay Kumar Kalakbandi
- FPM from IIM Bangalore.
- M.Tech from IIT Bombay.
- Behavioral Operations Management
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Operations Analytics
Vinay Kumar Kalakbandi holds a Fellow of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) and a Master of Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB). He is the recipient of the Prestigious Emerging Economies Doctoral Student Award instituted by Production and Operations Management Society in 2013 at Denver, Colorado, USA. In the past, he has worked on projects with a diverse set of organizations including IBM’s Supply Chain Management (SCM) Practice, Pricewaterhouse Coopers’ Government Reforms and Infrastructure Development (GRID) division, the United Nations Development Program and AdoRoi Inc., an advertising analytics startup company. He research is in the area of Behavioral Operations Management, which focuses on the impact of human behavior on performance and decision making in the context of operations. He teaches advanced operations electives including Service Operations Management, Retail Supply Chain Management along with basic operations management course in the Post Graduate Program. He has also been involved in coordinating Management Development Programs for the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur and in Faculty Development Programs under TEQIP initiative of the World Bank. He believes in usage of innovative pedagogical techniques rooted in deep student engagement.
- September 2014 – December 2016: Assistant Professor, IIM Raipur
- December 2016 – present: Assistant Professor, IMT Hyderabad
- Kalakbandi, V. K., “Hotel California”, Case Center, 615-072-1(case), 615-072-8(teaching note), 2016
- Kalakbandi, V. K., “Yantrik Dhaba”, Case Center, 615-074-1(case), 615-074-8(teaching note), 2016
- Kalakbandi, V. K., “Amo Roma tours and Walks”, Case Center, 616-0057-1(case), 616-0057-8(teaching note), 2016
- Kalakbandi, V. K., “Raindrops Inc”, Case Center, 616-0058-1(case), 616-0058-8(teaching note), 2016
- Kalakbandi, V.K, “Contract Choice and Ordering Decisions: Impact of Overconfidence”, 26th European Conference on Operational Research, Rome, Italy, July 2013.
- Kalakbandi, V.K, “Mental Models of Supply Chain Contracts “, POMS Twenty fourth Annual Conference, Denver, Colorado, USA, May 2013.
- Kalakbandi, V.K, Thakkar, M. and Chowdary S., “Measuring Advertising Performance: Ad-tracking technology for Effective Planning of Offline Media “, International Conference in Marketing, IIM Lucknow, Jan 2012.
- Kalakbandi, V.K., “Behavioral Impact of Workflow Policies on Productivity in Production Lines “, 15th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management, IIM Calcutta, Dec 2011.
- Kalakbandi, V.K., and Babu, A.S., “Optimization of a Two-sided Assembly line with Sequence based Task times using Genetic Algorithms”, 13th Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management, IIT Madras, Dec 2009.
- Young Scholar’s Workshop at the 9th Annual Behavioral Operations Management Conference 2014, Cologne, Germany, June 2014
- ISB’s Doctoral Consortium on Teaching at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, 2013
- Worked with IBM Integrated Supply Chain Management Practice as a part of a Multi-university project involving determination of pertinent dimensions along which supply chains would evolve in the future.
- Provided econometric support for the advertising response analytics practice of AdoRoi Marketing Science
- Worked with Pricewaterhouse Coopers Government Reforms and Infrastructure Development (GRID) on a project involving analysis of investment friendliness of Indian states using key economic, social and structural indicators. Output led to a significant cover page article in a popular business magazine.