PGDM-Excutive Programme (PEP)
About The PGDM Excutive Programme
The PGDM-Executive Programme at IMT-Hyderabad is a 15-month modular programme designed for working professionals. The programme is flexible, and may be customized to fit the specific delivery needs of the corporate houses that sponsor their employees for the programme. The programme not only instills functional and operational expertise, but also grooms managers for leadership roles.
PGDM-EXEC PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
The PGDM-Executive Programme at IMT-Hyderabad is a 15-month modular programme designed for working professionals. The programme is flexible, and may be customized to fit the specific delivery needs of the corporate houses that sponsor their employees for the programme. The programme not only instils functional and operational expertise, but also grooms managers for leadership roles.
- To provide rigorous exposure to the foundation of business management through extensive coverage of functional areas
- To provide an understanding of strategic approaches to decision making and developing business orientation that will help participants to appreciate the larger context of decision making, and the implications thereof
- To develop holistic outlook towards business issues by making extensive use of case studies and business situations
- To develop analytical skills through the use of data and decision tools, and o be able to declutter the non-critical issues
- To understand the role of businesses in society and develop the ability to look at the society as a whole rather than in isolation
- A.I.C.T.E approved PGDM-Executive Programme
- Convenience of customization
- High impact courseware delivered by IMT- Hyderabad faculty and industry experts
- Most contemporary curriculum with prime focus on decision making, analytical thinking, enterprise wide view and global perspective
- High-impact case studies from Harvard, Kellogg, Darden, Richard Ivey etc.
- Extensive use of simulations, statistical packages like ‘R’, ‘SAS› and ‘SPSS’
- State-of-the-art infrastructure, library facilities, and fully equipped IT lab
- 100 computers and internet facility
- 2 weeks of International Immersion
PGDM-EXEC PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
The PGDM-Executive programme is of 15 months, comprising a total of eight terms. The programme requires a participant to complete 100 credits in order to graduate. This comprises of 15 core courses (44 credits), 12 elective courses (36 credits), 4 project based courses (8 credits) and a field-based dissertation (12 credits).
The categories of courses are explained below :
During the first four terms, students take up core courses. These establish requisite base in functional areas of business and management. These areas include Finance, Marketing, Leadership, Operations, Strategy Accounting, Economics, Data Analysis and Business Law.
|Term||Course Code||Course Title||Credits||Course Code||Course Title||Credits||Course code||Course Title||Credits||Total Credits per term|
|1||ACCT 521||Accounting for Managers||4||MKTG 532||Marketing Management||4||
|2||FIN 522||Corporate Finance||4||
|3||OPNS 542||Operations & Supply Chain Management||3||MGMT 532||Strategic Management||3||12|
|DECS 572||Business Research Methods||3||MGMT 581||Business Communication||3|
|4||MGMT 551||Ethics Responsibility & Governance||3||LAW 582||Legal Environment of Business||2||12|
|ERP 562||Enterprise Resource Planning||3||MGMT 592||Creativity & Innovation Workshop||2||IMTH 611||Term Project||2|
|5||Integrative Elective 1||3||Elective 1||3||12|
|Integrative Elective 2||3||Elective 2||3|
|6||Elective 3||3||Elective 4||3||IMTH 611||Term Project||2||14|
|Elective 5||3||Elective 6||3|
|7||Elective 7||3||Elective 8||3||14|
|Elective 9||3||Elective 10||3||IMTH 611||Term Project||2|
|8||IMTH 511||Field Project Dissertation & Seminar||12|
Functional Elective: Participants attain functional focus in their chosen area(s) of specialisation. The student is required to take ten electives from the list of functional electives.
Integrative Elective: These courses go beyond functional focus and help participants understand the interrelationships between different business fundamentals. Students can select any two out of the list of integrative elective courses.
|Integrative Electives||Marketing||Finance & Accounting||Human Resource Management||Operations and IT||Business Analytics|
|International Business||Services Marketing||Financial Risk Management||Designing and Managing Human Resource Systems||Service Operations Management||Data Warehousing and Data Mining|
|Managing Change & Innovation||Consumer Behavior||Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management||Talent Planning and Acquisition||Project Management||Predictive Modeling|
|Business Negotiation||Marketing Research||International Finance||Compensation Benefits and Performance Management||E-Commerce||Business Simulation|
|Managing Strategic Networks||Brand Management||Banking and Financial Services||Managing Competencies and Careers||Coordinating and Managing Supply Chains||Special Project in Business Analytics|
|Strategy Implementation and Control||Customer Relationship Management||Financial Statement Analysis||Employee Relations and Labor Laws||Special Project in Operations and IT||Marketing Analytics|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Online and Digital Marketing||Wealth Management||Special Project in HRM||Total Quality Management||Risk Analytics|
|Business Intelligence using SAS||Retail Management||Special project in Finance||International HRM||Global Supply Chain Management and Logistics||Web and Text Analytics|
|E-Commerce and Digital Marketing||Investment Banking||Strategic HRM||Supplier Relationship Management||Advanced Modeling Techniques|
|Special Project in Marketing||Fixed Income Securities||Organisational Change and Development||Operations Strategy-Managing||Human Capital Analytics for|
|Growth||Improved Decision Making|
|International Marketing||Quantitative Asset Management and Speculative Strategies||Training and Development for Human Performance Enhancement||Special project in Operations and IT||Special Project in Business Analytics|
|Product Management||Project Finance||Special Project in HRM|
|Integrated Marketing Communication||Commodities and Commodity Derivatives|
|Business to Business Marketing||Financial Institutions and Markets|
|Sales and Distribution Management||Strategic Financial Management|
|Strategic Marketing Management||Special Project in Finance|
|Special Project in Marketing|
Project Based Courses
Project based courses comprise in-depth study of a business problem by the participants who are guided by instructor and/or industry expert. There are 4 project based courses for 8 credits.
Field Based Dissertation
During the eighth term the students are required to work on field based dissertation in a real life work setting in an organization. During this time the performance of the student is monitored and assessed by a faculty member from IMT, Hyderabad, and a mentor from the respective organization. The field based dissertation carries 12 credits.
International Immersion Programme (IIP)
Participants spend two weeks during the course of the program in an international location.
The intention of this module is to equip participants to appreciate the dynamics and implication of globalization and to understand cross-cultural dimensions.
- The Institutions for the International Immersion will be allocated by the area chairperson and shared with the participants one month in advance.
- The IIP is an academic activity which is graded.
- All participants should submit all deliverables within one week of their return from IIP.
- Participants shall fulfil the requirements of the host institutions as per their norms for completing the evaluations.
- Participants who do not opt for International Immersion will be given an Individual Research Project to be submitted.
The courses are delivered using a mix of various pedagogical methods such as case discussions, lectures, simulations, business games, seminars and practitioners sessions.
Lectures and class discussions would be supplemented by case discussions. The objective of the case discussion is to ensure that the students are able to relate the concepts with real life business situations and interactions. This ensures that the decision making adeptness of participants is honed in a pseudo business environment.
The course will substantially rely on experiential approaches such as role-plays, exercises, games and simulations so that the students are able to assimilate their own learning points from these experiences.
As part of each subject, participants would be assigned projects requiring application /study of the concepts in their work environment. The objective is to help in better assimilation, retention and transfer of learning to their immediate workplace. The study would be done in the intermittent period between the on campus classes. Assistance required might be sought from course faculty or company mentors.
Assessment & Feedback
Assessment & Feedback
Institute follows a continuous assessment system. The indicative components of assessment and their relative weightages for classroom based courses are given below:
- Class participation- 20%
- Written Assignments/Exercises- 10%
- Quizzes- 20%
- Academic Projects- 20%
- Comprehensive Examination- 20%
Eligibility / Admission Process
- 15 months
- Graduates in any discipline with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university.
- 5+ years of corporate experience
- Qualifying CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/ATMA scores
- Institute administered Aptitude Test can be conducted only in case of corporate tie-up and company sponsored employees
Note: Assistance is provided in securing Education Loans.
Application Fill the online application form available on the institute website and submit it, alongwith the application fee of 2000/- (bank details given in the application form), collect the transaction number and e-mail us the details. Final selections to be based on Test Scores, experience and Personal Interview.
Admissions Office, Institute of Management Technology,
Survey No. 38, Cherlaguda Village,
Shamshabad Mandal, RR District,
Hyderabad – 501218.
For submitting the application form online
- Make an online payment of 2000/- and collect the transaction number. Fill the form and send the application form along with the payment transaction number to email@example.com
For online transfer
Bank Name : Yes Bank, Somajiguda, Hyderabad
Account No : 000694600000012
IFSC Code : YESB0000006
- Aptitude Test scores of either above mentioned exams or IMT-Hyderabad administered Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview
- The total course fee is 8 lakhs, to be paid in 8 equal instalments.
- Fee includes Admission Fees, Academic Fees, Hospitality charges, Group Insurance, International immersion program
- Life Membership of Alumni and Caution Money.