Media Relations Committee
- The Media Relations Committee or the MRC (as it’s popularly known on campus) is the media interface for IMT-Hyderabad.
- We court the critically strategic media, partnering it to tell our story – the what, when, where and how of it ! Sometimes even before it happens!
- We endeavour to strengthen the triumvirate of Organization (Sender), Media (Transmitter) and the Target Audience (Receiver), by building a network of influencers who can give content legs.
- The MRC’s primary objective is to foster a positive image, to develop and integrate media relation strategies into an overall communications plan. We ensure timely and accurate dissemination of information to the correct forum, internally and externally.
- To this effect, the cohorts under the MRC umbrella work in tandem to give tangibility, content and shape to the desired message.
- The genesis of the message to be sent out, from its embryonic stage to the fully developed ready to launch stage, is carefully monitored, guided and nurtured by the MRC in collaboration with the Institute . This includes the drafting and issuing of press releases on behalf of IMT, interacting with journalists and media persons to ensure regular follow ups on campus events and various other exercises to enhance visibility and establish presence of IMT as a lead player. The internal lines of communication between the arms of the MRC itself and IMT are open and symbiotically active to ensure cohesive action and a thought process that is in sync and is seamless, akin to the seemingly effortless rendition of a symphony.
- The various arms of the MRC are equally pivotal and instrumental in working towards and establishing the connect and optimizing the reach, their roles well defined but carved to fuse into the whole like Swiss clockwork.
- The Website Development Team contributes to content development, tech-support, design-aesthetics, timely updation, etc., working 24X7 for the launch of the new and revamped website. Information flow, videos, photos aim to spark interest and conversation with passion. The narrative aims at imparting a face to the brand and amplifies the reach and scope of content. Prompt updation of events, as and when they occur or are about to occur, keep the website alive and pulsating in a high octane performance mode and in turn the growth and progressive evolution of IMT as a brand gains ground.
- The Team handling Admission queries is a live -wire module which continuously addresses queries of new entrants, potential students etc., establishing the vital connect between the product and its prospective end-user.
- The MRC has taken initiatives to effectively use social media tools like Facebook and YouTube, towards image building, albeit with the technical support of the Institute. A strong online community of brand ambassadors is actively managing the social media. Besides working to increase the website traffic and conversions, we target brand awareness, creation of brand identity, positive brand association, communication and interaction with key audiences. Images, videos, info graphics in addition to classic text based content project a consistent brand image by dispensing valuable and interesting information.
The Bloggers make the IMT Blog a beehive of activity that invites write-ups, student experience anecdotes, current events, Practitioner Sessions, industry visits etc. The social media platforms are used proactively to increase the presence of our blog site .We on the blog gain more latitude to create copy that is more information based, reinforcing the credibility of the brand.
The Events Team aims to create, develop and co-ordinate events -educational, experiential, cultural and co-curricular in the form of meets, seminars, debates, activities, fests and sporting events. It works towards brand awareness, equity and enhancement by direct interaction.
Under the aegis of our fusion platform – MRC, quick sharing of ideas and information across teams is made possible as is also the encouragement to innovation and creation of more efficient ways of working. We keep track of our audience/visitors, spot issues that need prompt action and identify trends that can inform our thinking or inspire dialogues that can be developed and amplified.