Dr. Tumpa Dey
- Fellow, XLRI, School of Management, Jamshedpur-Completed PGDPM&IR from
- XLRI as part of the FP coursework.
- M.Phil., JNU, New Delhi.
- M.A., JNU, New Delhi.
- B.A., Presidency College, Calcutta University.
- Work Engagement
- Work-life balance
- Managerial Effectiveness and the concept of Wisdom .
Prof. Tumpa Dey is currently teaching HR/OB courses at IMT Hyderabad. She completed her doctoral studies from the XLRI, School of Management, Jamshedpur. In her dissertation, Prof. Tumpa Dey explored the role of work engagement, intrinsic motivation, and the moderating role of supervisors and co-workers in understanding creativity in organizations. She has also delved into a novel psychological concept of harmonious passion in understanding creativity. Prior to joining XLRI as a research scholar, Prof. Tumpa worked in several research projects in XLRI, School of Management including one with the Former Managing Director at Telco Construction Equipment, Mr. Sarosh Ghandy. She has undertaken various Management projects with Centre for Family Initiatives- Tata Steel, and worked closely with the then Director of the Centre, worked for various projects with UNFPA, Indian Chapter, JRD Tata Trust and other NGOs in and around Jamshedpur.
Prof. Dey has taught in various B-Schools in Kolkata as Visiting Faculty and in Jadavpur University as a Guest Lecturer. She has also been a faculty in the HR area at IBS, Hyderabad.
- Dey, Tumpa. (2012). Wisdom and leadership: A conceptual study of the link between the two literatures. IUP Journal of Organizational Behavior. Vol.XI, No.3, pp.64-75.
- Dey, Tumpa (2012). Predictors of organizational and union commitment: A conceptual study. IUP Journal of Organizational Behavior. Vol.XI, No.4, pp.62-75.
- Dey, Tumpa (2013). An investigation into the concepts of wisdom leadership and positive institutions: A conceptual study of the link between the two literatures.Journal of Exclusive Management Science, 2 (11), pp. 12-23.
- Dey, Tumpa, Kumar, Ashok, Kumar, Y L N. (2014). A new look at the antecedents and consequences of organizational commitment: A conceptual study.International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 4(1) pp. 281-287.
- Attended and presented a paper on Wisdom and Positive Institutions: Its journey in the last 5 years (2005-2010) during March 7-10, 2011 at an International Conference for Academic Disciplines in University of Nevada, Las Vegas.