Dr. Sridhar Vaithianathan
- Visiting Scholar at University of Toledo, USA
- Ph.D. from ICFAI University, Dehradun
- MBA from NIT, Warangal, AP
- B.E. from Govt. College of Engineering, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
- Technology Adoption in Emerging Economies
- Business Analytics
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Sridhar Vaithianathan has completed his Ph. D in Management from ICFAI University, Dehradun. He researched about determinants and impact of E-Commerce Adoption in Indian Financial services sector for his thesis work.
- He is in the field of education, research, training and consultancy for fifteen years.
- He received his MBA and BE degrees from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Warangal and M.S.University, Tamilnadu respectively.
- He is also a NET (UGC‘s Lectureship Test in India) qualified faculty in management studies.
- He has spent about a year @ University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, USA as a Visiting Scholar during Aug 2007 – June 2008 where he had the opportunity to do research alongside some of the distinguished professors in the field on management research.
- Passionate in Business analytics which made him to master various business analytics techniques Viz., classification, prediction, association and clustering techniques, handling Categorical Data and Bayesian Statistics. Has participated in various data contests hosted by analyticsvidhya, crowdanalytix, kaggle, kdnuggets etc.
- Won “Highly commendable paper” award in the 5th International conference on Business Analytics & Intelligence (11-13 Dec 2017) held at IIM, Bangalore for his paper titled “Recommender System to increase engagement among Spenders and Non-spenders for Freemium mobile games”
- Invited speaker for 2018 Informs Analytics conference (15-17 April 2018) held at Baltimore, Maryland, USA. He presented on “Predictive Model to Proliferate Spend Propensity among Freemium Mobile Gamers.”
- Presented a paper titled, “What Propels Mobile Retailing Among Indian Consumers? An Empirical Analysis Using Technology Individual Environment (TIE) – TAM Framework,” at Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS) conference to be held at Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, 26-28 April 2018.
- Recently (Feb 2018) , published a paper titled “A Fresh Look at Understanding Green Consumer Behavior among Young Urban Indian Consumers through the Lens of Theory of Planned Behavior” in Journal of Cleaner Production, 183 (2018) pp 46-55. (Impact Factor 5.715 –https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-cleaner-production).
- Has successfully conducted workshops on business analytics (5-9 Aug 2015 & 11-13 Nov 2016) and Data Visualization (17th & 18th Feb 2017) for both academicians and industry executives.
- Has high proficiency in statistical software such as SPSS/PASW, AMOS, SMART PLS, R, SAS MINER, and XL MINER.
- He is a trainer in Structural Equation Modeling (SEM), a contemporary statistical technique to analyze complex relationship in research. Through his workshops on Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) using AMOS software, he has trained more than 200 people which include research scholars, doctoral students, faculty members and industry executives alike. For more details, kindly visit his workshop website @ goo.gl/cOjR7
- He has expertise in various univariate and multivariate techniques such as multiple regression, factor analysis, discriminant analysis including Partial Least Square (PLS).
- Has successfully conducted 17th workshop on SEM recently (16-18, March 2017).
- He teaches subjects related to Business Analytics, Data Mining Techniques and Information Systems to MBA and Doctoral students.
- He has published in both international and national journals of repute, viz. Electronic Commerce Research, The International Journal of Bank Management, & International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, to name a few.
- He has attended and presented papers in renowned conferences both national and International. He is also in the review board of many scholarly journals of repute.
- His research interests include Data Science, BIG DATA Analytics, Technology Adoption, E -learning, and Customer Relationship Management.
- Khan Md.Raziuddin Taufique, and Sridhar Vaithianathan (2018). “A Fresh Look at Understanding Green Consumer Behavior among Young Urban Indian Consumers through the Lens of Theory of Planned Behavior” , Journal of Cleaner Production, 183, pp 46-55. (Impact Factor 5.715)
- Mishra, Vishal., Vaithianathan, Sridhar (2015). “ Customer personality and relationship satisfaction: Empirical evidence from Indian banking sector,”The International Journal of Bank Marketing, 33(2), pp 142-122.
- Sridhar Vaithianathan, Karthikeya P. Bolar, (2013). “Meru Cabs: past perfect and future tense”, Emerald Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 3, No. 7, pp. 1-12. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/case_studies.htm?articleid=17101120
- Purushotham, H., Sridhar, V., and Shyam Sunder, Ch. (2013). Management of Technology Transfer from Indian Publicly Funded R&D Institutions to Industry-Modeling of Factors Impacting Successful Technology Transfer. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 422-428.
- Vaithianathan, Sridhar., (2010). “A Review of E-Commerce Literature on India and Research Agenda for the Future”, Electronic Commerce Research Journal, Vol 10, Issue 1, pg 83-92. March 2010
- “A Quality Framework for Online Management Education in India: Stakeholder’s Perspective”, Vaithianathan, Sridhar and Chakrabarti, Diganta., The FedUni Journal of Higher Education, Vol VI, No 2, pp 7-25. May 2011,
- “Determinants of Global E-Commerce Diffusion – A Cross-Country Analysis”, Vaithianathan, Sridhar., The IUP Journal of Systems Management, Vol. IX, No 1, pp 7-34. February 2011
- “What Propels Mobile Retailing Among Indian Consumers? An Empirical Analysis Using Technology Individual Environment (TIE) – TAM Framework,” Vaithianathan, Sridhar and Mishra, Vishal, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (JAMS) conference, Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, April 26-28, 2018.
- “Predictive Model to Proliferate Spend Propensity among Freemium Mobile Gamers,” Seshadri, Sridhar and Vaithianathan, Sridhar, 2018 Informs Analytics Conference, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, April 15-17, 2018.
- “Recommender System to increase engagement among Spenders and Non-spenders for Freemium mobile games,” Vaithianathan, Sridhar., Seshadri, Sridhar., and Iyer, Shreeram, 5th International conference on Business Analytics & Intelligence, IIM-Bangalore, December 11-13 , 2017. (Won HIGHLY COMMENDABLE AWARD FOR THE PAPER).
- “Factors affecting consumers’ attitude towards online reservation: an empirical analysis”, Vathianathan, Sridhar and Roy, Sanjit Kumar, Pacific-Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2009 Proceedings, July 8-10, 2009. Paper 86. (http://aisel.aisnet.org/pacis2009/86/ ) – Has crossed 100 downloads in January 2012
- “RFID Adoption: An exploratory study of issues and concerns”, Kunnathur, Anand.S., and Vaithianathan, Sridhar., 14th Americas Conference on Information Systems, AMCIS 2008 Proceedings, at Toronto, Canada, August 14-17, 2008. http://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2008/50 – Has crossed 100 downloads in October 2011.
- “Scopes and Challenges for Online Management Education: A Study on India”, Vaithianathan, Sridhar and Chakraborty, Diganta., Midwest DSI Conference 2008, held at Erie, Pennsylvania, USA, April 17 – 19, 2008.
- “Consumer Awareness of 3G Services in India – An Empirical Study”, Vaithianathan, Sridhar and Ghosh Dastidar, Surajit. First International Conference on Emerging Issues in Marketing Theory and Practice: Challenges and Prospects, IIM Calcutta, India, December 27 -29, 2010.
- “Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) using AMOS Software”, Vathianathan, Sridhar and Roy, Sanjit Kumar, presented at the Inaugural Conference of the Indian Academy of Management (IAOM) at XLRI, Jamshedpur, on December 28-30, 2009.
- “Information Security Issues in Global Supply Chain”, Kunnathur, Anand.S., and Vaithianathan, Sridhar, IMR Conference (IMRC 2008) on Global Supply Chain Management, held in Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), December 22-24, 2008.
- “Online Management Education: Prospects in India”, Vaithianathan, Sridhar., and Chakrabarti, Diganta., International Conference on Quantitative Methods, Operations and Information Technology, ICQMOIT-2008, held in Icfai Business School, Hyderabad. October 24-25, 2008
- “Cirque Du Soleil – Redefining strategy”, Vaithianathan, Sridhar and Joshi, Nidhi., Case presentation at Strategic Management Forum Conference held at IIM, Kozhicode. May 18 -20, 2006