Dr. Sourabh Bhattacharya Professor
- Ph.D. from ICFAI University, Dehradun
- M.Tech. from IIT, Madras
- B.E. (Civil) from GEC Jabalpur
- Supply Chain Coordination
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Humanitarian Logistics
- Health Care supply chains.
Dr Sourabh Bhattacharya is currently working as Professor with Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Hyderabad for last three years and is also the Area Chairperson for the Department of Operations Management. Prior to joining IMT, Dr. Bhattacharya was associated with ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad for eight years as a faculty member.
Dr. Bhattacharya has completed his Ph.D. in the area of Supply Chain Management. He has been teaching courses such as Quantitative Methods, Operations Management, Project Management and Quality Management for PGP, EPGP and Ph.D. level students. He has also been actively involved in research and management development programs. Few of the clients for which he has been the resource person are GMR Industry Ltd., Hindalco Ltd., Water Health International, Military Engineering Services and Ramky Infrastructures Ltd. Dr. Bhattacharya has a number of national and international research papers and conference under his credit.
Dr. Sourabh Bhattacharya has completed his post graduation in Civil Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras. He has worked with L&T Ltd. (ECC Division) in numerous construction projects before joining IBS, Hyderabad. While in L&T, Dr. Bhattacharya was mainly involved into the planning, designing and execution activities of projects ranging from Industrial Electrification to Highways and Bridges.
Dr. Bhattacharya believes that a student of MBA is a matured individual and has access to enormous knowledge. A teacher’s role is to respect the maturity of the student and allow him to experiment and learn. A teacher should be able to streamline the acquisition of knowledge.
- Bhattacharya, S., & Bagchi, S. (Forthcoming), “Sourcing Strategy in a multi-period scenario under demand and supply uncertainty”, International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management.
- Bhattacharya, S., & Mondal, S. (2013), “Supply Risk Structural Equation Model of Trust, Dependence, Concentration, Information Sharing and Strategies”, International Journal of Risk and Contingency Management, 2(2), 58-79.
- Bhattacharya, S., (2011), “Consumer’s Attitude towards Green Marketing in India”, The IUP Journal of Marketing Management, 10(4), 62-71.
- Bhattacharya S., & Gaur, J. (2011), “The relationship of Financial and Inventory Performance of Manufacturing Firms in Indian Context”, California Journal of Operations Management, 9(2), 70-77.
- Bhattacharya, S., & Bhardwaj, S. (2007), “Role of Social Networks in Supply Chain – A literature Review”, ICFAI Journal of Supply Chain Management, 1(1),1-11.
- Bhattacharya, S., Raman, S., & Bharadwaj, S. (2006), “Supply chain issues in globally distributed construction business”, ICFAI Journal of Supply Chain Management, 3(2), 52-57.
- Raman, S. & Bhattacharya, S. (2007) “Facilitating Global Knowledge Flows: Experience of Siemens ShareNet”, January’2007, ICFAI Journal of Knowledge Management, 1(1),73-84.
- Bhattacharya, S. (2006), “Managing uncertainty through postponement”, (2006), ICFAI Journal of Operations Management, 5(3), 28-38.
- Bhattacharya, S., (June 2005), “The Human Side of M&A”, by Dennis C Carey & Dayton Ogden, ICFAI Journal of Mergers and Acquisition, 74-78
- Bhattacharya, S. & Reddy, Y.M., (2005), “e-Supply Chain – Creating New Business Models”, E-business, ICFAI University Press, 46-51.
- Bhattacharya, S. & Reddy, Y.M, (2005), “The Way We Shop: Exploring Gender Differences in Shopping for Personal Care Products”, Marketing Mastermind, ICFAI University Press, 55-63
- Bhattacharya S., “E-commerce in reverse logistics”, (2006), E-Business, ICFAI University Press, 41-44
- Bhattacharya, S., & Ghosh Dastidar, S., (2013), “Global Pharma”, The Supply Chain Management Casebook: Comprehensive Coverage and Best Practices in SCM, Edited by Chuck Munson, Financial Times Press, New Jersey.
- Bhattacharya, S., (2005), “Supply Chain Management in L&T (ECC Division)”, listed in the database of European Case Clearing House (ECCH). Case Reference No. 605-006-1.
- Bhattacharya, S., (2009), “Strategic Breaks – To Be or Not To Be”, listed in the database of European Case Clearing House (ECCH). Case Reference No. 309-377-1
- Bhattacharya, S. (2009), “Conversys Inc. (A)”, listed in the database of European Case Clearing House (ECCH). Case Reference No. 309-390-1
- Bhattacharya, S. (2009), “Conversys Inc. (B)”, listed in the database of European Case Clearing House (ECCH). Case Reference No. 309-390-8
Chakraborty S., Bhattacharya S., Dobrzykowski D., (2014) “Impact of Supply Chain Collaboration on Value Co-creation and Firm Performance: A Healthcare Service Sector Perspective”, Procedia Economics and Finance, 11, 676 – 694 (Elsevier)
- A 2-Days workshop on “Structural Equation Modeling: Basics and Application” along with Dr. Sridhar Vaithianathan during 28th – 29th October 2013. A total of 13 participants from both academics and industry participated in the workshop.
- Training program of supervisors of Military Engineering Services (MES) on “Construction Project Management”, “Scheduling and Network Analysis” and “Materials Management and Inventory Control” in Sept’2010 at NATIONAL ACADEMY OF CONSTRUCTION (NAC), Hyderabad
- Training program of two consecutive batches of Graduate Engineering Trainees (GET) of Ramky Infrastructures Ltd on “Construction Project Management”, “Scheduling and Network Analysis” and “Materials Management and Inventory Control” in Aug’ 2010 at NATIONAL ACADEMY OF CONSTRUCTION (NAC), Hyderabad
- Workshop on “Managing the Value Chain” in March 2010 (30 participants from industry) at IBS Hyderabad.
Session on “Principles of Project Management” for the leadership team of 15 members of Sai Sudhir Infrastructures Ltd. in Jan’ 2010 at Hyderabad
- Workshop on “ Project Management: Concept and Applications” for the leadership team of 16 members of Water Health International (WHI), in Nov,2009 at IBS Hyderabad
- Workshop on “ Operational Excellence for better financial performances” in April 2009 at IBS Hyderabad for HINDALCO Industries Ltd.(25 participants)
- Workshop on “Inventory Control and Optimization” in April’ 2008 for 25 participants of Astra Microwave Products Ltd. at IBS, Hyderabad
- 3 days Management Development Program (MDP) on “Principles of Project Management” for 30 middle level managers of GMR Industries Ltd in Nov, 2007 at Haliyal, Karnataka.