Dr.Debendra Prasad Kar
- Ph.D (IIT, Kharagpur),
- MBA (HRM),
- LLB (Industrial Law)
- HR Strategy,
- Business Strategy,
- Organization Development (diagnosis and interventions) and
- Change Management
Dr. Debendra Prasad Kar has a total experience of 27 years in some of the renowned Corporate Houses and premier Business Schools. His corporate experience includes companies like A V Birla Group, J K Corp., Williamson Magor, Global Trust Bank, SHV Energy, Suchirindia and KSK Energy Ventures Ltd. In his last corporate assignment he was heading the HR function of the Operations Vertical of KSK Energy Ventures Ltd and was accountable for 6 operational plants spreading across 5 states. He has played the role of a Change Agent and is very well equipped with the OD intervention measures. He has excellent command over designing and institutionalization of tailor-made Performance Management System. He has designed and implemented PMS in 6 different companies he has worked with. He is also a certified Assessor for designing and administration of Development Centre for competency assessment and development. He has proven expertise in class-room as well as outbound training and conducted more than 300 training programs covering more than 6000 people across levels and functions. He had been in the Strategic and Leadership role for more than 12 years heading the function with the end to end accountability for the entire gamut of Human Resources and Learning & Development activities. As a member of the CXO team and Top Management team, he has excellent strategic leadership exposure. He had been associated with premium Institutes like Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar and NALSAR, Hyderabad as a faculty member.He is an Economics graduate with an LLB degree in Labour Laws. His post-graduation degree is in HRM and he has been conferred with Ph D in organizational behavior by IIT, Kharagpur
- D P Kar and H R Tewari (1999), Assessing Organizational Culture as an antecedent of Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Management and Change, Volume 3, Number 1 (Jan-Jun 1999).
- D P Kar and H R Tewari (1999), Organizational Culture and Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol 34, No 4, April 1999.
- Paper entitled “Designing Performance Management System (PMS) as a Strategic Business Tool” published in the article bound of a National Symposium on PMS organized by IPE, Hyderabad in Sept 2003.
- Case study on Performance Management published in “HRD Initiative 2004” edited by Mr Parthasarathi and Mr Mahaveer Verma in 2004.
- Sandhya Kar and Dr D P Kar: Employee Empowerment- A Competitive Advantage published by NIPM in their national symposium, Hyderabad 2010.
- Uma Seshadri and Dr D P Kar: Work life conflict and flexible work arrangement that aid work life balance – perception of working women in dual career family, Prerana, Journal of Management thought and Practice, Issue 1, Volume 4, March 2012.
- “Process Manual of a Mentoring Program”- Paper published in Contemporary Issues in Human Resources Management published by P G Department of Personnel Management And Industrial Relations, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- Uma Seshadri & Debendra P Kar: Influence of coping strategies on work life balance : perceptions of working women executives in Indian dual earner scenarios, “Contemporary Business 2012”, 6th International Conference, convened by IIT Delhi-Curtin University(USA), 22-23 Oct 2012, Delhi, India.
- Uma Seshadri & Debendra Kar (2012). Study of Perceptions of Indian Working Women on Work Life Conflict, Flexible Work Arrangements and Organizational Policies that influence their Work Life Balance,“Global Business-Opportunities & Challenges”,6th International Conference, 22-23 Nov 2012, PESIT, Bangalore, India.
One Research scholar who has been awarded Ph D from JNTU, Hyderabad