Dr.Debendra Prasad Kar
- Ph.D (IIT, Kharagpur),
- MBA (HRM),
- LLB (Industrial Law)
- HR Strategy,
- Business Strategy,
- Organization Development (diagnosis and interventions) and
- Change Management
I have a total experience of 23 years including some of the renowned Indian and Multi National companies like A V Birla Group, J K Corporations, Williamson Magor, Global Trust Bank, SHV Energy, Suchirindia and KSK Energy Ventures Ltd. In my last Corporate assignment, I was heading the HR function of the Operations Vertical of KSK Energy Ventures Ltd and was accountable for 6 operational plants spread across 5 states.
I have played the role of a Change Agent and am very well equipped with the OD intervention measures. I have excellent command over designing and institutionalization of tailor-made Performance Management System for any organization. I do have very good expertise in designing the competency frame work for the organization. The extensive use of measurement tools and techniques in carrying out industrial research (during my Ph D program) equips me with an added competency to develop and administer tailor-made test batteries used for HR processes and sub-processes. I am also a certified Assessor for designing and administration of Development Centre for competency assessment and development. I have proven competence in conducting activity based (classroom as well as out-bound) behavioural training across the levels and functions (conducted more than 200 sessions).
I have been in the Strategic and Leadership role for more than 12 years heading the function with the end to end accountability for the entire gamut of Human Resources activities. I am exposed to work with the CXO team as a member of Country Management Team.
- D P Kar and H R Tewari (1999), Assessing Organizational Culture as an antecedent of Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Management and Change, Volume 3, Number 1 (Jan-Jun 1999).
- D P Kar and H R Tewari (1999), Organizational Culture and Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol 34, No 4, April 1999.
- Paper entitled “Designing Performance Management System (PMS) as a Strategic Business Tool” published in the article bound of a National Symposium on PMS organized by IPE, Hyderabad in Sept 2003.
- Case study on Performance Management published in “HRD Initiative 2004” edited by Mr Parthasarathi and Mr Mahaveer Verma in 2004.
- Sandhya Kar and Dr D P Kar: Employee Empowerment- A Competitive Advantage published by NIPM in their national symposium, Hyderabad 2010.
- Uma Seshadri and Dr D P Kar: Work life conflict and flexible work arrangement that aid work life balance – perception of working women in dual career family, Prerana, Journal of Management thought and Practice, Issue 1, Volume 4, March 2012.
- “Process Manual of a Mentoring Program”- Paper published in Contemporary Issues in Human Resources Management published by P G Department of Personnel Management And Industrial Relations, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.
- Uma Seshadri & Debendra P Kar: Influence of coping strategies on work life balance : perceptions of working women executives in Indian dual earner scenarios, “Contemporary Business 2012”, 6th International Conference, convened by IIT Delhi-Curtin University(USA), 22-23 Oct 2012, Delhi, India.
- Uma Seshadri & Debendra Kar (2012). Study of Perceptions of Indian Working Women on Work Life Conflict, Flexible Work Arrangements and Organizational Policies that influence their Work Life Balance,“Global Business-Opportunities & Challenges”,6th International Conference, 22-23 Nov 2012, PESIT, Bangalore, India.
One Research scholar who has been awarded Ph D from JNTU, Hyderabad