CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE (COEs) @ IMT Hyderabad
Centres of Excellence (CoE) are specific focal areas which IMT Hyderabad has identified as emerging and relevant domains for the industry. IMT Hyderabad has four Centres of Excellence (CoE). These are
- Analytics Centre of Excellence (ACE)
- Centre for Leadership Excellence (CLE)
- Centre for Digital Marketing (CDM)
- Centre for Managing Diversity (CMD)
Analytics Centre of Excellence (ACE)
The inevitable scenario of increasing parameters has resulted in the future convolution of managerial decision making in businesses. To attain the optimum solutions, more in-depth understanding of the business problems is required. For this, the corporates as well as academicians have equally realized the need for structured and scientific business research all over the globe. Keeping this in mind Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Hyderabad started Analytics Centre of Excellence (ACE) in June 2015, to harness knowledge of businesses particularly in Analytics and Big Data Domain. Dr. Surajit Ghosh Dastidar is the Chairperson – Analytics Centre of Excellence (ACE).
Centre for Leadership Excellence (CLE)
The Centre for Leadership Excellence (CLE) is led by Dr. Apurva Sanaria (Chairperson – Centre for Leadership Excellence) focused on a broad range of activities in the area of learning, teaching, developing, and researching leadership. Keeping this in mind Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Hyderabad started Centre for Leadership Excellence (CLE) in April 2018.
- Learning Leadership: Enable effective learning at IMT Hyderabad by encouraging innovative teaching approaches for leaning leadership. We enable the measurement of the impact of leadership learning through psychometric and behavioral assessments. More specifically, we focus on innovative technologies that help engage students in pre-class, in-class, and post-class settings through exercises, assignments, simulations, and self-learning opportunities. We also offer leadership courses as part of course curriculum for IMT students, and also offers blended (online + offline) learning opportunities for working professionals.
- Teaching Leadership: Promote and facilitate teaching excellence for faculty members teaching leadership courses at various institutes and B-schools. CLE by offering mentoring, faculty development programs (FDP), and resource support. We also help enhance the quality of teaching in other institutions by offering seminars and workshops.
- Leadership Development: We enable leadership development for corporate executives through structured interventions. These interventions include experiential exercises, case studies, and simulations to ensure leadership development. CLE also helps organizations in designing the appropriate job experiences for their employees to ensure development of leadership skills.
- Leadership Research: Engage with managers and executives to bring the corporate perspective to IMT’s programmes, and facilitate the flow of fresh research ideas from the corporate world to IMT’s faculty. This is done through various initiatives such as the IMT-CLE Corporate Research Collaboration, and IMT-CLE Leadership Series.
CLE offers following Leadership Development Programmes (LDPs) in 2018:
|DATE||PROGRAM NAME||FACULTY||Duration||Investment / Participant*|
|3-6 May||Entrepreneurial Leadership & Business Plans||Dr. Apurva Sanaria||4 Days||Rs 40,000|
|23-24 June||Managerial and Personnel Effectiveness||Dr. B. Pavan Kumar||2 Days||Rs 20,000|
|10-11 August||Mindful Leadership||Dr. Apurva Sanaria||2 Days||Rs 30,000|
|28-30 September||Leadership for Effective Team Management||Dr. Apurva Sanaria||3 Days||Rs 30,000|
|29-30 December||Emotional Intelligence for Leadership Effectiveness||Dr. B. Pavan Kumar||2 Days||Rs 20,000|
Digital Marketing Centre of Excellence (DMCoE):
As digital technologies are becoming more simple and affordable, consumers expect highly customized products & services and with explosion of data on internet, consumers expect a highly personalized information and communication from organizations. You will appreciate that many current digital practices have not yielded the desired organizational performance metrics. This is precisely where we come in with right blend of latest theoretical knowledge and practical experience to guide you. The role of Digital Marketing – Center of Excellence is to optimize the potential opportunities of digital media and technology with increased efficiency and effectiveness to enable organizations meet their Omni-channel marketing goals. Keeping this in mind Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Hyderabad started Digital Marketing – Centre of Excellence (DMCoE) in April 2018 led by Prof. Devi Prasad Ghosh (Chairperson – Digital Marketing Centre of Excellence).
Centre for Managing Diversity (C-MD)
Diversity management is the “recognition and valorization of individual differences”. “The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies. It is the exploration of these differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. Moreover, it is about understanding each other and moving beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the rich dimensions of diversity in each individual. Keeping this in mind Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Hyderabad started Centre for Managing Diversity (C-MD) in April 2018 led by Dr. Shabnam Priyadarshini (Chairperson – Centre for Managing Diversity).
CMD offers the following Open Programmes in 2018: