Business analytics is the science of using raw data by extensive use of statistical and quantitative analysis for the purpose of fact based decision making and for predicting business outcomes.
According to industry report, global data analytics outsourcing market in 2012 stood at $500 million in 2010, of which Indian service providers delivered $375 million. This accounted for 19 per cent of India’s $2 billion offshore knowledge services (KPO) market. By 2015, the data analytics market in India is expected to reach $1.15 billion to become 21 per cent of the overall Indian KPO market opportunities of $5.6 billion.
Keeping in view of the industry trends, IMT Hyderabad was the first to introduce analytics as an area of specialization in 2011 in its PGDM programs. The analytics courses were taught along with industry practitioners from IBM, Cisco, Accenture, Cognizant, WNS, InRhythm, Gramener, Hackett, Rainman Consulting. The alumni of IMT Hyderabad who had Analytics as one of their specialization courses is currently working in some of the reputed organisations like HCL Technologies, TCS, Accenture, Deloitte, InRhythm, e-Clerx, Capital First, Infiniti Research, Factset, Neilson and IMRB to name a few. The success of our alumni in a short span of six years is evidence that the program has been well received by industry.
In the current year institute is offering the certificate program to participants desirous of upgrading their skills or seeking a change in career path. The certificate program in Business Analytics offerred by IMT Hyderabad has been designed to provide knowledge of business analytics and data handling methods that can be used for fact based decision making.
The program will equip participants to:
- Understand and articulate a business problem and convert it into a viable Analytics question
- Apply Data visualization for exploratory analysis and communicate effectively to diverse audience
- Evaluate various analytical approaches and select the most appropriate for the given problem
- Build Analytics solutions and assess their effectiveness;
- Apply knowledge and develop solutions across a range of functional areas like Marketing and Finance.
The program is intended for:
- Graduates with minimum one years work experience.
- Professionals with a strong quantitative aptitude.
- Professionals desirous of upgrading their knowledge and skill sets.
- Students/Professionals desirous of a starting a career in Analytics.
Module-I (Jan 16 – 25)
- Business Statistics
- Data Analysis using Excel
- Introduction to Business Statistics
- Introduction to R programming
Module-II (Mar 16-25)
- Data Visualisation
- Predictive Modeling
- Text Mining
- Introduction to Big Data & Hadoop
Module-III (Apr 16-25)
- Advanced Modeling
- Web Analytics
- Application Cases
The program would be delivered by using several pedagogical tools such as
- Interactive classroom sessions
- Case Studies
- Statistical software packages such as MS-Excel, SPSS,SAS®, SAS Miner® and R
Professional: Rs.25,000 (+18% GST)
Academic: Rs.22,000 (+18% GST)
Student: Rs.20,000 (+18% GST)
All Modules: Rs.55,000(+18% GST)
- 10% Discount on fee if payment made on or before 1st December, 2017
- Net Banking : You may transfer the amount to the following bank account, email us the details like name and transaction number to track your payment.
- Account Name – Institute of Management Technology, Hyderabad
- Bank Name – YES bank
- Branch – Somajiguda Branch,Hyderabad
- Account No. – 000694600000012
- IFSC Code – YESB0000006.
- Online Transfer : CLICK HERE to make payment
Dr. Surajit Ghosh Dastidar
Chairperson- CoE in Business Analytics
T: 040 3046 1666
M: +91 9393159487