Analytics Society of India (ASI)- HYDERABAD CHAPTER LAUNCH
MASTER CLASS & THREE PARALLEL WORKSHOPS
7 & 8 January, 2019 @ IMT Hyderabad
Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Hyderabad hosted HYDERABAD CHAPTER(HC) of Analytics Society of India (ASI) joining hands with ASI-Bangalore. Analytics Society of India is the first and largest body of analytics professionals and organisations in India. It is a national level not-for-profit organization founded in 2013 and is housed at the Indian Institute of Management Bengaluru (IIMB). ASI has been founded by eminent personalities from Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (IISc) and IIMB with an objective of promoting and propagating knowledge in analytics. The launch event was held on 7th January 2018.
To commemorate the Launch event, ASI and IMTH (ASI-HC) organized
- Masterclass on “Demystifying Artificial Intelligence” and
- Three parallel workshops.
ASI-Hyderabad Chapter(ASI-HC) Launch Even.
ASI-HC launch event was held at IMT, Hyderabad. Dr. Sriharsha Reddy, Dean (IMTH) welcomed the guests, participants and audience for the events. Dr. Satish Ailawadi, Director(IMTH) enlightened the audience on “IMTH’s Analytics Journey since 2011”, Dr. U. Dinesh Kumar, Professor(IIMB) & President, ASI-Bangalore delivered the keynote speech on ASI-genesis and way forward with ASI-HC (ie) IMTH. While Dr. Sridhar Vaithianathan, Area Chairperson (Analytics&IT) delivered vote of thanks.
Master Class on “Demystifying Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The master classes on the topic ”Demystifying Artificial Intelligence(AI)” were delivered by Prof. U.Dinesh Kumar, Professor (IIMB) & President, ASI-Bangalore and Mr. Ramlal Wagrey, Founder, Predlytics, Hyderabad. Sixty participants registered for the master class. The master class was well received among Industry practitioners, academicians and students alike. The organizations participated in the master class were as given below:
- Indus Business Academy
- SJC Bangalore
- Shri Vaishnav Polytechnic Indore
- The George Institute for Global Health, University of New South Wales
- SS&C Eze
- Kongu Engineering College
- NSHM School of Computing
- Core Compete
- AppsTek Information Services
- Sagarsoft (India) Ltd
- De Brand Chakra
- SYSTECH SOLUTIONS
- Bank Of America
- Value momentum
- Column Quest
- GEETHANJALI INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Mordor Intelligence
- intelligence India Software Solutions Pvt.ltd
- Ex Cummins
- Head Infotech
- IIDT Tirupati
- TechBaba ( IT Mantras)
- Innova Solutions
- synchrony financial
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology
Three Parallel Workshops (Duration: One and Half Days)
Three parallel workshops on the following topics were conducted successfully.
- Data Visualization – Prof. Sridhar Vaithianathan, (Associate Professor, Analytics&IT, IMT-H)
- Machine Learning Algorithm using Python – Mr. Kumar Rahul (Co-founder, Awesome Stats)
- Deep Learning – Mr. Naveen Kumar Bhansali (Consultant – Dell EMC)
The workshop exposed the participants to practical understanding of tools, techniques and concepts associated with respective topics. The workshops had hands-on exercises using real world data sets on how to apply various business analytics techniques using respective software (Python and Tableau). Thirty-one participants attended the workshops.
The workshops were well received by both industry executives and academicians who came from various other reputed educational institutes and firms across the country. The following table provides name of institutes from where participants came from.
- PSG Institute of Management
- TVS motor company ltd
- Sundaram – Clayton limited
- L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
- S.Rangasamy College of Technology
- WeSchool, Welingkar Inst, Mumbai
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
- Welingkar Institute Mumbai
- SVKM’s NMIMS -SBIM Hyderabad
Participants unanimously congratulated the resource persons Dr. Sridhar Vaithianathan, Mr. Rahul Kumar and Mr. Naveen Kumar Bhansali for their exceptional course delivery and impeccable handling of the Business Analytics subject with the right mix of theory and hands on sessions. Participants also suggested conducting workshop on more advanced topics in business analytics, big data and data visualization in future. They evinced interest to attend the same.
Dr. Sridhar Vaithianathan, program co-ordinator thanked everyone who has made the launch event, master class and the workshops a GRAND SUCCESS!!!