Indian Institute of Emergency Medical Services (IIEMS) conducted a ‘First Aid and Medical Emergencies Training Workshop’ on 11 January 2019 (Friday) at IMT, Hyderabad. IIEMS is ranked No.1 training centre by American Heart Association (AHA) in India.
The course, which was delivered by Dr. Pawan Surisetty and Dr. Vishnu Roshini, instructors from IIEMS (Global Instructors of American Heart Association), focused on the following aspects:
- How CPR saves life and the correct method to perform it.
- Understand the role of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in the Cardiac Chain of Survival.
- How to relieve a person who is choking.
- Recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants, children and adults.
- Treat sudden illnesses, including poisonings and heat and cold emergencies.