Finacea, the finance club of IMT Hyderabad, is a student-driven initiative that aims at bringing both the academic and the practitioners’ perspective of the finance sector to provide a platform for the students on developing, sharing and improving financial knowledge along with enabling the students to get a hands on experience about the industry expectations from us.
The club has organized various events which try to bring out the best of knowledge and energy of an individual in every team. Some of the events which were conducted are:
- Finacea Times: Finacea Times is the monthly issue on current financial news and various other concepts related to finance.
- Budget’14 analysis where the students discussed and analysed the budget from the financial perspective.
- IHL-Finacea along with Altius and Mercatus Mantra organised the IHL (IMT Hyderabad League), wherein the club conducted auctions for Players. Students were organised into teams and given a specific budget out of which they had to buy players for their teams.
- KwizzUp / Wise Cracks (Quiz competition): The club has organized quiz competition which enabled students to learn finance concepts, develop strategies and maintain a lead over others.
- Bloomberg Community: Students and Faculty were educated on the usage of Bloomberg terminal by the Bloomberg champions.
- Industry Talks where people who worked from the industry came and spent quality time interacting with our students giving them insights about what the corporate expects from them and the various approaches a management student can take up to follow their desired financial career.
We strive to be one of the Best Finance club amongst the Top B-Schools in India. This will help bring our college into focus in the national B school arena. We aim to achieve this by increasing the participation of students in intra and inter club Finance events. We aspire to organize innovative events which will develop the students’ capability to understand and interpret the financial nitty-gritties. We also aim to expand the scope and reach of Bloomberg learning programme through regular interactive sessions.
Activities planned for 2015-16:
1. Conduct events like online simulation games and discussions.
2. Maintain a forum for regular updates on financial news, the events organized at IMT and other B-Schools.
3. Informative session on Capstone- an online simulation strategy game from a financial perspective.
4. Publish Finacea Times on a national forum so as to attract writings from across the country.
5. Networking with the finance clubs of other eminent colleges for resource sharing.
Contact us at : email@example.com