Dr. Surajit Ghosh Dastidar
- Visiting Scholar at University of Toledo, USA
- Ph.D. from ICFAI University, Dehradun
- MBM from Department of Business Management, University of Calcutta
- B.Sc. (Chemistry) Hons. from University of Calcutta
- Business Modeling
- Operations Research
- Information Visualisation
Dr. Dastidar has around 12+ years of experience in research, teaching and industry. He started his career as a software developer for DPS Technologies working in SGML Case Law Conversion Project for a Philippine client. As part of his teaching experience he has designed, developed and taught courses on Marketing Analytics, Predictive Modeling, Business Intelligence, Data Mining& Warehousing using Base SAS and SAS Enterprise Miner to MBA, Executive MBA and Doctoral Students. Currently, he is the faculty in charge of spearheading the Analytics initiative of our institute. His research has been published in journals such as Journal of Statistical Software, Journal of Advances in Management Research, International Journal of Applied Strategic Management, Asian Journal of Economics and Business, AIMS International Journal of Management, Journal of Case Research, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies among others.
Teaching Philosophy: “Bridging the gap between business school & business”
July 2012 – till date Associate Professor, IMT Hyderabad
Sept 2007-June 2012 Asst. Professor, IBS Hyderabad, India
July 2007-Aug 2007 Sr. Lecturer, The ICFAI Institute for Management Teachers, Hyderabad, India
Aug 2006-June 2007 Visiting Research Scholar, College of Business Administration, University of Toledo, Ohio, USA Aug 2004-Aug 2006 Research Scholar and Faculty, The ICFAI Institute for Management Teachers, Hyderabad, India Aug 2003-July 2004 Lecturer, Pailan College of Management and Technology (PCMT), Kolkata, India
Aug 1998-Mar 1999 Software Developer, DPS(I) Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata, India
SPI-Case Law Conversion Project
- Dastidar S.G., Menon S. & Dutta A.(2014), “The damned dam”, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol 4, No. 1, pp. 1-4
- Dastidar S.G. and Raghavan S. (2013), Mountain Dew, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol 3, No. 8, pp. 1-6
- Dastidar S.G., Jain, N.(2013), After 12, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 1-10
- Dastidar S.G.,(2013), redBus: Pioneering Online Bus Ticketing in India, Vol. 2, No.1, UDAAN
- Dastidar S.G.,(2013), Mahindra and Mahindra’s US Foray, PES Business Review
- Bhattacharya S., & Dastidar S.G.(2013), Global Pharma, The Supply Chain Management Case Book: Comprehensive Coverage and Best Practices in SCM, published by Financial Times (USA), edited by Chuck Munson, Washington State University.
- Dastidar S.G. (2013). AMRI Hospital: Saving Lives? , Journal of Case Research, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Pachisia, S.,& Dastidar S.G. (2013). Working Capital Efficiency of Healthy Beverages Ltd”, Resource Book on Case Studies in Business Management – A Global Perspective.
- Dastidar, S.G. (2012). Phanindra Sama: founding redBus, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection., Vol 2, No. 8, pp. 1-7
- Bisht S. S., & Dastidar S.G. (2012). AAGAAS: Growing Organically for a Sustainable Future, Sitaram Rao Case Study Competition, Access Knowledge Series
- Dastidar, S.G., Thakurta R., & Sreeram A. (2012). Health Pharma: managing supply chain, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection., 2, No. 6, pp. 1-9
- Dastidar S.G. & Muthukumar R. (2012). Assessing Customer Purchase Behaviour at IndiaBazaar Retail Ltd., IBS Case Development Center (IBS CDC).
- Dastidar S.G. (2011). Mahindra and Mahindra’s Acquisition of Ssangyong Motor Company”, Case Studies in Management: Contemporary Perspectives, Humming Words Publishers.
- Dastidar S.G.(2011). Bridging the Gap between Business Schools and Businesses – A Case Study of US B Schools, IBS Case Development Center(Case No: HRM0081)
- Dastidar S.G. (2006), Oracle’s Acquisition of I-Flex, Fortune Journal of International Management, Vol.1, Issue 1.
- Dastidar S.G. (2006), I-Flex: Developing a Product Strategy, The Management Case Study Journal, Vol.6, No.1
- Mandal S. & Dastidar S.G.(2014), A DEA Investigation of the Efficiency of the Indian General Insurance during Recession, Journal of Advances in Management Research, Vol. 11, Issue 1, pp. 115-136
- Roy H. & Dastidar S.G.(2011). Dynamics of Indian Growth: A Study of Some Selected Indian States, Asian Journal of Economics and Business, Vol.1, No.1, 2011
- Dastidar S.G.(2011). Efficient Partitioning and Routing of Shipments in a Time-Schedule Network, AIMS International Journal of Management, Vol 5, No. 1
- Dastidar S.G.(2006), Gompertz: A Scilab Program for Estimating Gompertz Curve Using Gauss-Newton Method of Least Squares, Journal of Statistical Software, Apr 2006, Vol 15, Issue 12
- Research paper titled “Customer Based Recommendation System” presented at the 2ndInternational Analytics Conference at IIM Bangalore on Dec 11 – 13, 2013
- Cost Minimisation and Dynamic Scheduling of Shipments through a Transportation Network, paper presented at 4th International Supply Chain Management Symposium and Workshop organized by IE Business School, Madrid, Spain, Sept 22-24, 2010
- Consumer Awareness of 3G Services in India – An Empirical Study, paper presented at the 1st International Marketing Conference (MARCON 2010) held at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta Dec 27-29, 2010
- An Algorithm to Partition and Route Shipments in a Time-Schedule Network. Paper presented at International Conference on Quantitative Methods, Operations and Information Technology(ICQMOIT), organized by IBS Hyderabad, October 24-25, Hyderabad, India, 2008
- Efficient Partitioning and Routing of Shipments through a Transportation Network, paper presented at the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), July 10-12, 2009 sponsored by the Association of Information Systems (AIS) hosted by Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, India
- Heuristic to Partition and Route Shipments in a Time-Schedule Network, paper presented at the 2nd International Conference of Indian Subcontinent Decision Sciences Institute (ISDSI), organized by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Mumbai, Jan 3-5, 2009
- Minimizing Cost in Partitioning and Routing through a Transportation Network, subject to Time Constraint,(jointly with Anand S. Kunnathur, P.S. Sundararaghavan), paper presented at the 35th Annual Meeting of the Mid-West Decision Sciences Institute (MWDSI), Chicago, USA, Apr 12-14 20
- Conducted MDP on Case Writing on Jan 27-28, 2012. It was attended by people from Bajaj Allianz, Alliance Business School, MICA, SIMSREE, BIT Noida, SS Dempo College of Commerce & Economics, Quatar Telecom, Visionites.
- Conducted Faculty Development Workshop for faculties of ICFAI National College (INC) on Business Modeling for ERP, December, 2007
- Conducted Faculty Development Workshop for faculties of ICFAI National College (INC) on BPO/KPO: Moving Up the Value Chain, Oct, 2008
- Awarded consolation prize along with a cash award of Rs 5,000 at the Vishleshana Case Study Competition 2013 organised by Dept of Management Studies, PESIT, Nov 10, 2013. The case “Mahindra and Mahindra’s US Foray” has been published in a PES Business Review
- Awarded 2ndprize (10,000/- cash award) at the International Case Writing Competition organized by ICBM Hyderabad , Nov 9, 2013. The case has been published in UDAAN, The International Journal of Business Research
- Awarded 2ndprize with a cash award of Rs 75,000 at the Sitaram Rao Livelihood Case Study Competition 2012 organised by Access Development Services and XLRI, Jamshedpur, Nov 30, 2012. The case (co-authored with S.S. Bisht) “AAGAAS: Growing Organically for a Sustainable Future” has been published in a compendium of ten best cases by Sage Publication. http://accessdev.org/lh-li-case-study.php
- Successfully guided Nitin Jain, PGBDA (IMT Hyderabad) to be one of the six finalists in the prestigious Baylor Entrepreneurship Student Case Writing Competition 2012 organised by Baylor University and United States Association for Small Business Enterprise.
- Winner at the International Case Study Conference (ICSC-2012), Operations & IT trackorganized by IBS Hyderabad in association with European Case Clearing House (ECCH) and University Utara Malaysia, Dec 14-15, 2012http://icmrindia.org/case%20conference/ICSC-2012-Held/Awards.html. The case has been published in Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies Collection (EEMCS).
- Winner of the Case Chase Competition 2012,organized by Society of Entrepreneurship Educators at Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad, March 2012. The case titled “Saundrya Rajesh: Creating Flexicareers” was co-authored with Dr. Srividya Raghavan, IMT Hyderabad
- Outstanding Management Teacher Award 2011by AIMS International, USA.
- Case study titled “Mt. Dew: Managing Integrated Communication in East India” was selected as one of the top 5 cases in the ISB-Ivey Case Competition 2011.(coauthor: Dr. Srividya Raghavan, IBS Hyderabad).
- Invited to Case Teaching Workshop at S.P. Jain, Mumbai (Feb 12-13, 2012) conducted by Ariff Kachra, Assistant Professor at the Richard Ivey School of Business and organized by S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Indian School of Business and Richard Ivey School of Business
- Recipient of IBS, Hyderabad travel grant (INR 1,000,00) for attending for presenting paper at the 4thInternational Supply Chain Management Symposium and Workshop at Madrid, 22-24 Sept, 2010 organized by IE Business School, Spain.
- Young Management Researcher Award 2010, awarded by Association of Indian Management Scholars (AIMS), International. AIMS International based in Texas, USA is one of the foremost association of management scholars of Indian origin based around the world.
- Nominated for Visiting Scholar Program at University of Toledo, (IOTM Dept), Ohio, USA. Awarded USD 10,000 fellowship. Worked under the guidance Prof. A Kunnathur & Prof. Sunderajan for formulating my thesis proposal.
- Recipient of University of Toledo Research Grant (2007)
- Invited to Scilab Workshop organized by IIT Bombay, India jointly with Scilab development team at INRIA, France and funded by Indo-French Center for the Promotion of Advanced Research (2007)
- Awarded 2ndprize along with a cash award (INR 15,000) at R.K. Srivastava Case Competition(2006) organized by Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB), India for the case “Oracle’s Acquisition of i-flex”
- Recipient of institute scholarship for pursuing PhD in Management (2004-2006)