Dr. Nikhil Rastogi
- Ph.D. from ICFAI University, Dehradun
- PGDBM from IPM, Lucknow
- BSc (Mathematics) Hons. from Delhi University
- Derivative pricing.
- Financial engineering.
- Market microstructure.
Dr. Nikhil Rastogi teaches courses in the area of Finance and Analytics. He has completed his BSc (Mathematics Honors) from Delhi University and PGDBM from IPM Lucknow. Dr. Rastogi has worked for four years as debt and investment analyst. The job involved recommendations related to the security performance and evaluation as well as due diligence on behalf of the company. Dr. Rastogi was a part of the team involved in two IT related acquisitions and subsequent merger.
He joined ICFAI Institute for Management Teachers (IIMT), to complete a Management Teachers Program (MTP) as well as pursue PhD in the area of Market Microstructure. He subsequently joined ICFAI Business School (IBS) as a senior lecturer in year 2006 and was subsequently promoted to Assistant Professor in 2007. At IBS he has taught courses like Financial Management, Security Analysis, Portfolio Management, Financial Modeling using SAS and Quantitative Finance. He has conducted workshops is the areas of financial modeling using excel for Reliance Infrastructure in 2009 and 2010. He has also taken workshops in the area of Financial Modeling using SAS for academicians.
Dr. Rastogi was honored with the “Best Teacher Award”, instituted by the IBS alumini federation for the year 2010. He is presently guiding PhD students in these areas. He is presently the consulting editor for IUP Journal of Behavioral Finance.
- Rastogi, Nagi Reddy, Kiran Kumar Kotha, (Forthcoming) “Order imbalance and returns: Evidence from India”, International Journal of Managerial Finance (Emerald), Vol. 9 Iss: 2
- Bang, Chaturvedula and Rastogi (2011), Information content of credit rating changes for the Indian Equity Market, Alatoo Academic Studies Vol 6, No. 2,
- Rastogi, Chaturvedula, Bang (2011). Day-of-the-week Effects in the Indian Spot and futures markets, Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, Vol 1, No. 2
- Pathak & Rastogi (2010), Informational Role of Options Open Interests and Volume in Forecasting Future Prices: A Study on Indian Market, The ICFAI Journal of Financial Economics
- Rastogi, Chaturvedula, Bang (2009). Momentum and Overreaction in Indian Capital Markets. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics
- Kumar, Chaturvedula, Rastogi, Bang (2009). Impact of Analyst recommendations on Stock Prices. The Icfai Journal of Applied Finance
- Nikhil Rastogi, (2007). Valuation Errors of Cross-Listed Stocks in BSE and NSE. The Icfai Journal of Applied Finance
- Nikhil Rastogi, (2006). Corruption Ranking of Nations & its Association with Economic Variables. The Icfai Journal of Managerial Economics.
- Nikhil Rastogi, (2005). Money Market Integration in India: A Time Series Study. The Icfai Journal of Bank Management.
- Nikhil Rastogi, (2005). Exchange Rate Volatility and Trade Balance: An Indian Study. The Icfai Journal of Bank Management, 54-59.
- Nikhil Rastogi, (2004). Bond Yield and Inflation Expectations: A Study of Indian Bond Market. The Icfai Journal of Bank Management.
- Rastogi & Pattnaik (2012) “Was ONGC Investment hit by a liquidity crunch?”, Free Press Journal
- Nikhil Rastogi, (2009). “Is Hedging Loss the Party pooper”, DNA Mumbai
- Nikhil Rastogi, (2005). Free Culture. Best Books.