Athflex – The fitness committee of IMT Hyderabad is a platform that promotes
fitness and undertakes several initiatives to successfully engage the students as well as the
faculty in different activities. It is responsible for the procurement and maintenance of the
gymnasium and its equipment.
To ensure good health and to improve the athletic skills as well as flexibility of students and
faculties by encouraging them to do physical exercise and by providing necessary assistance.
- Faculty Fitness Week (FFW)– Athflex introduced FFW to create an awareness for health
and fitness among the faculty which included KRAV-MAGA, YOGA and HIIT. The basic
idea behind this initiative was to provide basics of fitness for physical health.
- Zumba – An aerobics fitness programme featuring different movements inspired by
various dance styles which witnessed the achievable fitness goals of the people in the
most fun and easy way like never before.
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) – HIIT is a short, intense, unsustainable
bursts of physical activity, paired with intervals of quick rests which is easy and
- Krav Maga – It is a military self-defence and fighting system derived from a
combination of techniques sourced from boxing, wrestling, aikido, judo and karate,
along with realistic fight training.
- Yoga – It is a practice of physical exercise, breath control, relaxation, and meditation.
It reduces perceived stress and anxiety, which in turn reduces the physical effects of
stress on the body.
Athflex addresses the students regarding gym equipment usage, yoga and other fitness related
queries. It aims to create, develop and co-ordinate more activities and events, and use social
media more effectively to raise awareness and help others meet their fitness goals.