“Speech is power: speech is to persuade, to convert, to compel.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Toastmasters International is an international leader in communication and leadership development. It has 313,000 strong membership. Members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 14,650 clubs in 126 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations. Eloquence is the toastmasters club of IMT Hyderabad. We are incredibly proud of being able to bring to you this wonderful association. Established in 1/2/2014, Eloquence has already reached a remarkable position in the community.
Toastmasters International Mission
We empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders.
Eloquence Club Mission
We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.
At its core, a toastmasters club is there to let people develop their public speaking skills. It is much centered around vocabulary, grammar, body language etc. But there is so much more for a management student. The very fact that a toastmasters club is part of an international fraternity brings to us a great deal of formality. We have our own regulations and environment to maintain. And even more, we have our own values to protect. As a manager, we are very much involved in defining the environment around us. And thus it is equally important that we make sure to let our opinion be known.
There are vast opportunities with us. Some of them are as under:
1. A recognized endeavor – It may interest you to note that most of the toastmasters clubs are located in some of the big names of the corporate clubs. Thus, as a member of toastmasters community, you can form deeper connections almost wherever you go and begin fruitful associations with leaders throughout your way.
2. A ladder to climb – Toastmasters as you know is an international organization. And people who attempt to do so can climb to heights within this organization. As you progress through laid down tracks, not only do you get recognitions for your achievements, but you assume real world leadership positions within the organization managing it at club, area, district and international levels.
3. An opportunity to network – So you are going to New York for the first time. No problems. Visit one of the many local toastmaster clubs and you are sure to make a new friend. Such are the vast networking opportunities within this organization. Combined with the many workshops, conferences and events and competitions, you will always have a plethora of opportunities to network.
4. A break from the usual – In the stressful college environment, a toastmasters meeting is a good break to have. Once on a week, when we meet, we discuss everything under the sun and that too as a united community. Most of the time, we are light and humorous and its a good time to relax and unwind.
5. And a great speaking ability – Last but not least, you develop an excellent speaking ability. Once you commit to the rules and understand the process, you can leverage it to develop great speech, conversational and body language skills which will help you all around your life.
We also do organize the regular club events and take part in the annual fest. Last year, we had potential speakers from different colleges enter our speech competition in Impelz – our annual fest. We also have official celebrations such as the first anniversary of our club when we called upon District level toastmasters for interaction. Also, there is the club level executive council which has added interaction with the district and area level toastmasters, changed in every six months.
Its not just a club, its a whole world. And you have to join it to find the joys in it.