|In a short period of time, IMT Hyderabad has built strong industry goodwill. The institute engages with members of the corporate world at several levels:
Practitioners and business leaders play an integral part in course development and delivery at IMT Hyderabad. This is to ensure that the courses being offered are relevant and updated to meet the current as well as future needs of the business world.
- Advice in course and curriculum development
- Co-delivering courses along with the faculty members
- Consulting projects and research opportunities
- Guiding students on projects
At IMT Hyderabad, 25-30% of every course is delivered by senior executives from corporate world and the rest is delivered by the faculty member in-charge. This approach of practitioner involvement in development and delivery of courses has several advantages:
The students get enhanced practical knowledge.
Facilitates mentorship program, a program where experienced industry professionals would mentor students in their career choices, project selections, specialization areas etc.
Provides the students and institute with opportunities to network with the professionals and forge long term relationships with the practitioners and the companies they have associations with.
A partial list of practitioners who have participated in the course during the months of August and September 2011 is as below:
Experience sharing by industry professionals through our guest lecture series brings great business minds from a wide range of industries and functions. The Business Orientation Program is another initiative to serve the same purpose. The objectives of the program are:
- Ms Uma Rao (Director, People & Organization at Mars International India)
- Mr Syed Mudassir Hussaini (Sr. Manager Financial Research, DE Shaw India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Major (Retd) Satyanarayana Sista (Consultant - Trainer, Tata Business Support Services)
- Dr. Aruna Koneru (Author & Academician)
- Mr. Sanjiv Bhargava (C.F.O., JK Agri Genetics Ltd.)
- Ms. Sushma Marathe (Consulting Director, Brandscapes worldwide)
- Mr.Tapas Chakraborty (Vice President, Corporate Health Safety Environment and Sustainability with Neuland Laboratories Limited, Hyderabad.)
- Mr. Srinivas Reddy (Executive Vice President – Human Resources at SKS Microfinance Ltd.)
- Mr. Phanindra Kuruganty (Co founder edumission India Pvt Ltd and Chief Strategy & Operations, iConcept Pvt Ltd)
- Mr Sundeep Mittal (Manager, Accounting & Advisory Services, KPMG, Practice Head for Hyderabad)
- Mr Manish Tewari (Assistant Manager, Accounting & Advisory Services, KPMG)
The industry professionals associating with us along with their expertise also bring their extensive networks to benefit IMT Hyderabad.
- To make the students aware of the specific industry and business contexts
- To provide the students with a platform to interact with business leaders
- To help the students identify industry (s)/ sectors/ tracks/ areas of interest so as to guide their choice of projects and courses